Getting your MailChimp API Key
- In your MailChimp dashboard, go to “Account”
- Under the “Extras” tab, click “API Keys”
- Click “Create a Key” at the bottom of the page.
- Your new key is in the textbox (highlighted yellow in the image). It includes the country code at the end, ex. “476025ba25fd1884cc6dd3a5f1fbfe04-us11”
Setting up Ninja Forms to work with MailChimp
- Download MailChimp from your NinjaForms.com account and install it using Plugins > Add New > Upload in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate Ninja Forms – MailChimp on your Plugins page
- Go to Forms > Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and you should see a MailChimp section.
- Copy your key from MailChimp exactly. Make sure there are no blank spaces before or after your key.
Adding a MailChimp action to your form
- In your form editor, click the “Email and Actions” tab.
- Click “Add New Action” and Choose MailChimp
- Choose the MailChimp list you would like the data to be saved to.
Note: You may need to refresh the list. To do this, click the icon beside the “List” label.
- Map the fields from your form to the appropriate MailChimp list fields.
- Choose your Interest groups for your list, if any.
- Under Advanced, Choose if you would like users to confirm their subscription.
Please note that if a field is required in MailChimp, it MUST be mapped to a Ninja Forms field, no exceptions, or your contact will not be added to the list. Please check for this first before contacting support.
MailChimp Opt-in field
The MailChimp Opt-in field gives the user an option to choose if they want to be added to a MailChimp list without the need to setup a Conditional Logic statement.
If the MailChimp Opt-in field is checked, the MailChimp Action will be processed and the user will be added to the list. If the Opt-in is unchecked, the MailChimp Action will be ignored.
To add a MailChimp Opt-in field to your form, click on the blue add field button, then choose the MailChimp Opt-in